Photo essay: 10 best snaps from finals at the Legnica 2014 student worlds
Legnica (POL) - Monday, July 07, 2014
Our favourite snaps from the gold and bronze medal matches at the World Archery University Championships last Saturday.
1) A grizzly Massimiliano MANDIA shoots during Italy’s 3-5 set point loss to Chinese Taipei in the recurve men’s team gold medal match at Legnica 2014.
2) Chinese Taipei’s TAN Ya-Ting celebrates winning the recurve women’s world student crown after beating SHIN Jeong Hwa from Korea in the final.
3) No individual medal for Alejandra. VALENCIA shot an impressive ranking round… which is encouraging for Mexico’s team chances looking towards Olympic qualification next year.
4) It still looks a little strange to see a Korean lady shooting a long, aggressive-looking compound.
5) Arrows in flight always look good, but Chinese Taipei couldn’t beat Korea in the recurve women’s team final.
6) This doesn’t look comfortable:
7) Korea won the mixed team and men’s compound competitions at Legnica… does this mean the nation’s compound experiment is here to stay?
8) Jaka KOMOCAR competed at the junior worlds in Legnica three years ago. The Slovenian’s fourth place in 2014 was a huge improvement on the 57th he achieved back then.
9) Italy’s Katia D’AGOSTINO was thrilled when she converted a four-point lead into world university gold in the compound women’s competition…
10) …as was Luis ALVAREZ, after his 6-2 win over Polish archer Maceij FALDZINSKI. The recurve men’s title was his second medal of the day after he and VALENCIA won Mexico silver in the mixed team.
Explore the official albums from the Legnica 2014 World Archery University Championships in full.