This committee of five deals with all medical and anti-doping issues enabling or encouraging participation in World Archery as a safe and healthy sport. At least three members, including the Chairperson, must be doctors of medicine.
To preserve the health of the athletes by providing up-to-date medical information specific to archery, such as injury prevention, sun protection, safe training and competition, anti-doping, etc.
- Advising the archery family on any health related issues
- Working actively on the promotion of clean sport:
· Drug testing programme, in and out of competition
· Outreach programme
· Review of rules
· Working closely with IOC Medical Department and WADA
- Conducting and reviewing performance related and preventative research
- Submitting proposals to Council on health, safety and clean sport issues
- Disseminating up-to-date medical information and advice to Member Associations, athletes, coaches and sports world in general:
- Working closely with other committees to solve medical-related problems and help to improve archery standards
For any questions on medical or anti-doping matters, please contact Raheleh AHADPOUR at the World Archery Office: email@example.com.